A Culture of Inspired Learners
Gowrie Training & Consultancy will:
- drive transformation through inspiring and empowering people (and ourselves) in lifelong learning.
- embody innovation, develop quality products and services for our clients and be the provider of choice for professionals working with children, families and community.
Gowrie Training & Consultancy is a division of Lady Gowrie Tasmania which has played a significant role in the lives of countless children and families over the past eight decades.
Gowrie Training & Consultancy consists of a team of dedicated professionals, who have worked in, studied with and supported organisations across a range of early and middle childhood programs, throughout Tasmania, within Australia and overseas for over 20 years. The team holds a wealth of knowledge in a range of areas and an in-depth understanding of the needs of Tasmanian educators, leaders, and managers.
Lady Gowrie Tasmania was established in 1939 and across the past 8 decades has played a significant role in the lives of countless Tasmanian children and families. The first Lady Gowrie Child Centre in Tasmania was established in July 1939 at Battery Point in Hobart by the incumbent Commonwealth Government as a demonstration, training and best practice model for early childhood professionals across a range of multidisciplinary services – education, care, and health.
At the time a Gowrie Centre was established in all Australian states in what was then low socio-economic areas where it was felt families needed the most support in the education and care of young children. Each Centre was built using similar planning formats, equipped in a uniform manner, with programs provided on a consistent basis.
Her Excellency, Lady Zara Gowrie, wife of the Governor General, was a strong advocate for the establishment of the Centres and did much to bring about a quick approval of the scheme. Because of the inspiration she provided, it was decided that each of the six centres would bear her name – The Lady Gowrie Child Centre. Between 1939 and 1940, Her Excellency personally opened each of the centres at a public gathering.
Over the years Lady Gowrie Tasmania has grown and evolved, however, the organisation is now multi-faceted, offering a range of services. These have been developed in response to present and emerging needs and sector trends.