OSHC Gathering 2020 – NEW DATE!
March 27, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event for Outside School Hours Care professionals and advocates for change
We are excited to announce a new date for the OSHC Gathering in Hobart!
- Gowrie Training & Consultancy, Tasmania
Looking at ‘Wild Play’, exploring challenge and adventure through the six categories of risky play.
- The Outsiders Play Advocates from Camp Hill OSHC, Brisbane – take a look at their Facebook page:
Exploring topics on innovative practice, incorporating Playwork Principles into an OSHC setting, integrating loose parts in OSHC and strategies for the development of an innovative OSHC program (breaking down obstacles and providing a solutions-based focus).
- Kylie Keane, OSHC Playworker and Educational Leader, Canberra
Exploring the role of the Educational Leader in OSHC which will not only be suited to individuals currently working within that role, but those wanting to understand more about the potential of this role.
- Be You, Mental Health in Education Consultants, Tasmania
Exploring the connection between nature play and the wellbeing of children and educators in OSHC settings.
The Gathering will be held at the Sustainability Learning Centre where you will have the opportunity to take part in a variety of workshops that will incorporate the following key areas:
- Creating environments that maximise play experiences
- How a Playwork approach can enhance children’s capacity for positive development
- The integral role effective leadership plays in providing innovative program delivery for school age children
- Building understanding around challenging play experiences as a means for deep level engagement
- Supporting children to identify, assess and manage risk
- How to identify learning within a play setting
- Deepen your understanding on providing a solutions-based approach to barriers and perceptions around risk-based play
UPDATED PROGRAM COMING SOON!
Morning/afternoon tea and lunch provided
If you would like further information about this event contact Gowrie Training & Consultancy: 03 6230 6824 / firstname.lastname@example.org