- This event has passed.
Becoming leaderful webinar series – Catharine Hydon
September 17 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Becoming leaderful: Stepping into change – 3 Part Webinar Series
In this series, Catharine Hydon, (Hydon Consulting) will explore the art of leading in education and care. Designed for everyone curious about leading, these webinars will use contemporary theories and practice examples. This will be combined with opportunities for robust reflection and imagining, to deepen understandings about leadership and plan for how we all can become more leaderful in our work with children, families, our colleagues and the community.
“Leadership is the art of giving people a platform for spreading ideas that work” Seth Godin
Leading in children’s education and care is an essential part of enriching children’s learning and enabling their potential. Each day educators and managers make leading decisions that support change and drive continuous improvement. From supporting a group of toddlers to pack away, to raising a difficult issue with colleagues or organising a brand new excursion for vacation care, these decisions are all a form of leading and can be richly rewarding as well as deeply complex.
Exploring leadership concepts in a reflective space gives us all an opportunity to understand how we can become more leaderful in our daily practice. Whether you have a formal leadership title or not, we can all contribute to services that spread ideas that work, support positive change, and create a sense of resilience.
Outcomes for the series
For leaders (both experienced and emerging) to:
• understand more about the aspects of leading effectively within education and care
• reflect on their own leadership capacity and identify strategies to strengthen practice
• discuss the challenge and possibilities of leading teams of people within early childhood settings and,
• work collaboratively with others to build leadership networks.
• Education and care professionals – early childhood and outside school hours.
• Designed for those who are already leaders and are looking to expand their leadership capabilities and those who are curious about leading and might be considering stepping to a more defined leadership role.
Essentially this series is for everyone!
Thursday 17th September 2020
Tuesday 6th October 2020
Wednesday 21st October 2020
9:30am – 12:00pm
*Please note costing are exclusive GST
Upon registration, we will send out a zoom link for all three webinars. Please note, only those who have registered and paid will be invited into the webinars.
Costings are for all three webinars. This is a series specifically developed to extend on each webinar. If you register and pay for this series and are unable to attend one of the webinars, please get in touch.